Casting Assistant - alt Hamlet
Silver Glass Productions is looking for a Casting Assistant for the show, alt Hamlet. Auditions are: Sunday Jun 25th 1-4pm, Tuesday, Jun 27 7-10pmand Thursday Jun 29th 7-10pm. All auditions are at Ripley Grier, 510 8th Ave., room 10A.
The Casting Assistant will be responsible for setting up and running auditions for alt Hamlet. The ideal candidate will work with the Director to
achieve a smooth audition process. We are looking for a creative problem solver who approaches their work with a positive attitude and thrives being in a team environment.
Silver Glass is a NYC experimental theatre company that presents socially relevant work. Previous shows include Quantum Debt, about the student debt crisis and Life, an exploration of the effects of artificial intelligence on our lives.
Send cover letter and resume with relevant experience to: silverglassjobs at gmail dot com with “Casting Assistant” in the subject line. Indicate why you are a good fit for us. Must be NYC-based and have availability for all times listed.
· Setting up the audition room – chairs/signage/sound
· Giving actors paperwork to sign – Covid sign-ins, availability sheets
· Keeping schedule on time – manage schedule changes and delays
· Motivated self-starter
· Excellent communication skills, professional manner, promptness, and a desire to collaborate are vital.
· BA in theatre, with 1 year experience in casting
Compensation: $210 for an estimated 9 hours of work.